Who is Vietnam Veterans of America?
Founded in 1978, Vietnam Veterans of America is the only national Vietnam veterans organization congressionally chartered and exclusively dedicated to Vietnam-era veterans and their families. VVA is organized as a not-for-profit corporation and is tax-except under Section 501(c)(19) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
VVA's Founding Principle
"Never again will one generation of veterans abandon another."
VVA's goals are to promote and support the full range of issues important to Vietnam veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam veterans.
- Over 55,000 individual members
- 47 state councils
- 640 local chapters
- Aggressively advocate on issues important to veterans
- Seek full access to quality health care for veterans
- Identify the full range of disabling injuries and illnesses incurred during military service
- Hold government agencies accountable for following laws mandating veterans health care
- Create a positive public perception of America's POW/MIAs
- Support the next generation of America's war veterans
- Serve our communities